Many times people are asking me from where do I take my travel inspiration. Here I have prepared a list for you. Let’s start with:
- Books – I love reading not just travel guides but geography and biographies as well as often you can find many useful information. What attracts me the most are photos as I’m crazy about photography. I remember getting a book with world map and all the countries and stunning photos. In that moment knew that I want to discover the world.
- Travel magazine – you can find many of them and its easy to have a look and get an idea how the place looks like. Usually they give you recommendation where to stay, what to do etc. here I’m a little different and I like to look for my own path and ask local people where to go.
- Internet – I follow few pages that are of my interest and try to focus on them as internet is so wast and once I check one page another and another I realised its its 2am.
- My coworkers – as you know I work as a flight attendant and often I get to see new places that I have never been before but usually one of my coworkers is from the city that we are staying so we know where to go and what to do. Recommendation from my friend was Svalbard – amazing place in the Arctic Ocean midway between continental Norway and North Pole (but there will be a separate blog about this place).
- Local people – who knows it better the locals?! They know where is the best beer in the town, how to get to the hidden beach or where is the best path for trekking in the mountains. Listen to them they know the best! It happen to me when I got lost in Indonesia while trying to reach a volcano a local guy told me that I’m going the wrong way and give a lift. Maybe you gonna say I’m naive but I trust people and never nothing bad happen to me. I’m hoping its gonna stay this way.
[blockquote align=”none” author=”Ida Dominika”]Nowadays we have books, internet and many more but no matter which option you gonna choose it’s gonna be the best one as it’s gonna be YOUR own way. You will see that you will find a way to discover the world. Continue to explore.[/blockquote]
BON VOYAGE. Ida
If you need any help, tips or information don’t hesitate and drop me an email I’ll get back to you as soon as I can 🙂